Thursday, September 4, 2008

Summer Fun

Every year in the summer I plant a garden which usually consists of potatoes, carrots, lettuce and green beans. This year I also planted cucumbers so that I could attempt to make Dill Pickles for Todd. Well I would say that it was a success. I made 14 bottles of whole Dill Pickles and 2 bottles of sliced Dill Pickles. I also made 12 bottles of Dill Pickled Green Beans. We haven't been able to try any of them yet because they need to sit for several weeks. We should be able to try one in October some time.

I am very proud of myself because this is the first time I have ever done any canning.





These are the cucumbers that are still left after I have made all the pickles. I think this weekend I am going to try to make relish for something different.

No comments: